Friday, September 17, 2010

Trevor Walto (2007)

It was great to hear from Trevor recently. He says,

"My wife and I are getting ready to celebrate our second anniversary in about a month. We are attending and involved at Brookside Baptist in Brookfield. It is great to see God’s hand in and to be a part of a growing church.

"I recently finished up my Masters Degree in accounting (MPA) at UW Whitewater which gave me the 150 credit hours I needed to sit for the CPA exam. I then spent the summer studying full-time for the exam using the Becker review program. It is unbelievable the amount of information that one needs to take in to be prepared properly. I took the Regulation section in May, which I passed, and took the remaining three sections in July and August. I just found out last week that I passed all of them except Auditing on my first try. I will retake that section in November before the new changes go into effect.

"I am now starting my fourth week at Deloitte and am working in the tax department in the Milwaukee offices. I am still learning a lot of what my job will entail but generally we work with expatriates and inpatriates both in a tax preparation role and in a tax advisory role.

I consider myself very blessed to be in the position I am right now. As I worked through my Masters program at Whitewater, there were many other students that I talked to that were having trouble finding jobs. God has blessed me with a job in this tough economy and not only that but a job at one of the Big Four accounting firms!

"It is amazing to look back over all of my challenging experiences and see God’s guiding hand. I had my own plans for my career and how it would progress but God’s plan was so much better. If I had not let Him work and tried to do things my own way I may not have experienced it."

No comments: