Friday, September 17, 2010

Stephen White (2010)

Stephen White shares an update on where God has led him since graduating in December 2009.

"The night before my wedding (May 28, 2010), one of the companies that I had interviewed with in February contacted me and asked if I had found permanent employment. After a four hour interview the week after my honeymoon, I received a job offer. I accepted!

"I am a sales assistant for a manufacturer's representative company outside of Chicago. The company represents suppliers to retail stores (Ace Hardware, True Value, Blaine's Farm and Fleet, etc.).

"Because there are only 7 employees, we all wear multiple hats all the time. I very much enjoy the challenge and risk of the small business. I am responsible for the "upkeep" of relationships with more than 20 different companies. My main role is operational and administrative, but I am always involved with marketing, consulting, customer service and, of course, sales.

"Being a Christian in a small business environment definitely has its challenges and rewards. I would appreciate your prayers as I work at being a light."

No comments: