Thursday, January 3, 2008

Steve Jones ('07)

Steve becomes a Sheriff Deputy in Dane County (Madison, Wisconsin) effective January 7th.

Steve says, "along with about three hundred others I took a three hour written test. Based on the scores I was chosen along with 65 others for oral interviews. These were done in late March 2007. The next month I received a letter saying that I placed 18th overall. Unfortunately, they were only hiring 8 people at that time. I heard nothing until October when they said they were putting my name through the background process. I passed that and in November I was scheduled for physical, psychological,and stress tests.

"I will start the police academy in January then I have jail training. It takes three to six years of jail duty before I can start on patrol."

Congratulations, Steve!

No comments: