Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kim Marks ('98)

Here's a picture from last Christmas of Kim and the Rom (Gypsy) kids who she teaches in Ciumeghiu, Romania.

Kim believes that there are two qualities that are especially important to an aspiring Christian professional--"fierce integrity and a genuine interest in people."

"Your integrity is the one thing that slips away from you ever so slyly until you find yourself out in left field. Both in the US and outside in other countries, people have told others that they can trust me because of my track record of keeping my word and telling the truth. The few times I have decided to 'only disclose what is necessary' or 'soften the truth' I saw the results later when people were hurt not only by the truth, but also by those who withheld all the necessary details.

"We must value people. People respond when they see your genuine concern for THEIR interests. I have found that getting to know people and their families you raise morale, increase their work ethic and even open the door to share the Gospel with people. When we truly love our neighbors as ourselves, God is glorified, work gets done and we all feel better."

No comments: