Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kim Marks (for a few more days!) ('98)

Kim's most recent letter exhibited again her enthusiasm for God's word and her flexibility to His directives. She wrote last week: "With only one month until my wedding, it was a great privilege to celebrate the baptism of 8 people and the dedication of the new building God has provided for Bethlehem Baptist church in Ciumeghiu."

Kim and Marcel's wedding is only days away now. She continued: "As the Lord closes one chapter in my life, He is beginning to open another: a chapter that involves marrying a Romanian man and being more involved in reaching Romanians for Christ. Marcel and I have been regularly attending Maranatha Baptist Church in Oradea , Romania , a Baptist Mid Missions church plant started by my former co-workers over 4 years ago.

"I praise the Lord for His goodness to me and the privilege of witnessing His marvelous life-changing power among the Rom/Gypsy people. As I learn to change from a single missionary to a Romanian helpmate, please pray that the Lord will guide Marcel, my future husband, and I on how to specifically continue to serve Him in Romania while still following God’s call into medical missions."

Thanks, Kim, for the update and we definitely want to see wedding pictures!

No comments: