Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kim Marks ('98) (and fiance!)

Kim has some exciting news to share:

"This last spring, the Lord brought a wonderful Christian man into my life. His name is Marcel Petruţiu (said Mar-chel Pe-trut-ziu). You can read our story below from Marcel."

A Note from Marcel:

"Brothers and Sisters in Christ, Pacea Domnului (God bless you!). Let me introduce myself. I am a Romanian who grew up in Oradea, Romania. My family has been attending Maranatha Baptist Church (a BMM church plant) for the past two years, but I wasn’t there because I was in the United States.

"I lived in the States for four years while Kim was living in Romania for 4 years. After I returned to Romania, I met this wonderful lady. Actually we were introduced by Maranatha’s pastor, Rev. Valentine Ţenţ. During the time we spent together, we realized that our personalities complemented each other and we believed that the Lord would like us to spend the rest of our lives together serving Him.

"On the 3rd of January, Kim’s parents are coming to Romania and together with my family and Pastor Valentine, we will celebrate our engagement with a traditional Romanian engagement dinner. The wedding will be on May 17, 2009 at Golgotha Baptist Church (Oradea, Romania) where I grew up. After our wedding, we plan on coming to the States for a short visit to celebrate our marriage with family and friends and to meet you, Kim’s faithful supporters.

"We believe the Lord would have us to continue in full-time missionary service. I have a desire to finish my nursing degree so we can help suffering people through a medical ministry. During my schooling, we plan to continue serving the Lord with the BMM Romanian team. We know that it’s not going to be easy, but we trust you will pray for us as we follow our Great God. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a joyful New Year."

No comments: